Including Brazil's history of slavery in the opening ceremony brought cheers from many on Twitter.
by Jesse Lemisch
Jesse Lemisch's response to Mark Solomon.
by HNN Editor
In the spirit of historian Thomas Bailey, whenever we come across articles in either scholarly journals or the media that purport to debunk myths of history we will post them on the site. They'll be listed here.
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz