Including Brazil's history of slavery in the opening ceremony brought cheers from many on Twitter.
by Jesse Lemisch
Jesse Lemisch's response to Mark Solomon.
by HNN Editor
In the spirit of historian Thomas Bailey, whenever we come across articles in either scholarly journals or the media that purport to debunk myths of history we will post them on the site. They'll be listed here.
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers