Great DepressionStudent Shortcuts Archives
- Herbert Hoover - Official White House website with a biography
- Huey P. Long - Excerpts from Long's 1935 book My First Days in the White House
- Franklin D. Roosevelt - Official White House site
- Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Center - Biography and current news articles
- Shenandoah Chapter of the Civilian Conservation Corps - Pictures, links, poetry, and stories related to the CCC
- National Association of CCC Alumni - Includes a history of the public works program that put over three million young men and adults to work during the Great Depression of the 1930's and 1940's in the United States
- Social Security Administration - Oral histories, video and audio clips, documents, and photographs
- Supreme Court Decisions - General information adn a history of decisions
- WPA Murals and Artwork - Examples of WPA artwork
- Japanese-American Internment and San Fransisco, CA - Extensive collection of newspaper articles
- Japanese-American Internment at Harmony - University of Washington site with pictures, examples of camp newspapers, and links
- War Relocation Authority Camps in Arizona, 1942-1946 - Maps, pictures, and a brief history
- WWII Online Poster Collection - Extensive digital library of wartime posters for viewing
- Rhode Island Women During WWII - Transcripts of interviews highschool students conducted with 26 women
- Rutgers WWII Oral History Project - Several dozen oral histories from veterans and civilians
- San Fransisco During WWII - Great resource of primary sources maintained by the Museum of the City of San Fransisco
comments powered by Disqus
Annie - 5/20/2003
hi, I was wondering if you ever found any video clips? Because I am doing a school project and I can not find any that work with windows media player. Did anyone respond to you? Any ideas?
Marissa - 3/10/2003
all of you people out there suck who spend there time dripping round this fricken place while you could be doing much more worthy things of your time. so i suggest you go out there and explore, thank you this is all i wanted to say. by the way i got on this site by accident!
Meg - 3/5/2003
i am doing a project for school. it is a final project concluding our unit on world war 2. i am trying to conduct a newspaper with a business section, news, sports, and entertainment in the 1940's. do any of u have any links or ideas for my project on world war 2? cuz i really need some help on it.
thanx so much,
Matt Kane - 10/9/2002
Hi im currently working on a projest for the great depression. I have look all around the web for video and audio clips that will work with Windows Media Player. I have found nothing. It would really help me if you have any clips on the great depression. If not then if u have any ideas where i will be able to gather some for my project.
Sincerly Matt Kane
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize