Joshua Brown: Bush's Historical Amnesia (Illustration)
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 9/18/2004
Joshua Brown should do a similar cartoon about Kerry.
I suggest he base it on the old floor game, "Twister", with the gangly Kerry trying to cover every spot - with each spot divided in half so he can cover both sides of each spot. Example, half of one spot would say "for the war", the other half would say, "against the war." Another half spot would say "denigrates National Guard service", the other half would say "the National Guard is a vital part of the military."
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the conservatives in the gay marriage case have a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.