About Murray Polner, HNN's Book Editor for Trade BooksHNN
Murray Polner has written books such as No Victory Parades: The Return of the Vietnam Veteran (Holt Rinehart & Winston; co-authored Disarmed and Dangerous: The Radical Lives & Times of Daniel & Philip Berrigan (Basic Books; Branch Rickey: A Biography (Atheneum);and written (co-editor) The Challenge of Shalom: The Jewish Tradition of Peace & Justice (New Society); When Can I Come Home? about Americans who fled to Canada and elsewhere to avoid the Vietnam War; edited The Conquest of the U.S. by Spain, essays by William Graham Sumner; and written and edited many more books. His writings have appeared in the NY Times, Washington Monthly, Newsday, Nation, Commonweal, antiwar.com, Lewrockwell.com, academic journals, and History News Network, et.al. He edited Present Tense magazine for 18 years as well as Fellowship magazine and has been a book packager, book publisher and book seller.
He would like to hear from interested book reviewers and asks that they contact him (Buber@optonline.net) and list their areas of interest.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”