Descendant of Louis XIV fails to stop 'disrespectful' exhibition in
Since September, half a million visitors have flocked to the Sun King's palace to view 17 major works by the"king of kitsch" in its gardens and gilded galleries.
These include an inflatable lobster, a porcelain representation of Michael Jackson and his chimp Bubbles, as well as Split-Rocker, an 11-tonne stainless steel dinosaur-rocking horse sculpture made from 90,000 live flowers, which is in the Orangerie garden.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome