Study to reveal heads mysteries (Scotland)
Historic Scotland is trying to find out why the works, known as the Stirling Heads and carved between 1530 and 1544, were created and whom they depict.
The carvings are thought to feature monarchs such as James V and England's Henry VIII.
The research is part of £12m plans to refurbish Stirling's Royal Palace.
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?