comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: Barack Obama Is Like ... ?Hot Topics
- George W. Bush Is Like ... ?
- Election 2008: General
- Barack Obama
- John McCain
- Sarah Palin
- Obama and Race
- Election 2008: Primaries
- Gender and 2008 Election
- Iowa Caucuses
- Historians & 2008
- HNN Poll: What Does New Hampshire Tell Us?
- HNN Poll: President Huckabee? President Obama? What does Iowa tell us?
- HNN Poll: Should There be a History Debate for Presidential Candidates?
- HNN Guide: Who Should Be the Next Commander-in-Chief? Moral Leader-in-Chief? Educator-in-Chief? Statesman-in-Chief? Politician-in-Chief?
Commentary & News
NYT: Obama compared to Robert Mugabe?
Christopher Beam: He's Lincoln! No, He's FDR! No, He's Polk!
Phillip Payne: Warren Harding, George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Whaat?
Walter Moss: Obama, Sandburg and Lincoln
George Pitcher: Barack Obama's faith, like Lincoln's, is uncertain
Paul Beatty: How Obama is like Jackie Robinson, (early) Al Pacino, and the Fonz, or: Why Geraldine Ferraro is so wrong.
Manisha Sinha: Will Obama be FDR to McCain’s Hoover?
CNN: Can Lincoln's playbook help Obama in the years ahead?
Harold Holzer: Why President-Elect Obama Should Follow the Example of President-Elect Lincoln
Oliver Stone: I genuinely hope that Obama can be the heir to John F Kennedy
Tim Reid: Barack Obama will follow Lincoln's lead in choosing bipartisan Cabinet
Lee Siegel: Obama's literary and political inspiration, the career of Abraham Lincoln, has a double edge
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Newly released interactive map shows images of destroyed monuments of Mosul
- How the Rise of the Post Office Explains American Innovation
- These Americans are reliving history and don’t mind repeating it
- Britain largest home is saved for the nation
- Shelter and the slums: capturing bleak Britain 50 years ago
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history