Versailles goes kitsch as Jeff Koons's giant Lobster moves into the palace
Some 17 oeuvres have been hand-picked by the 53-year old"king of kitsch" to hang in the 17th century chateau and home to the French monarchy until the Revolution.
Among those on display in the Grand Apartment, the Hall of Mirrors and other historic rooms is the nine-foot stainless steel red Hanging Heart, which fetched $23.6 million (£12 million) last year, making Mr Koons the most expensive living artist.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic