Versailles goes kitsch as Jeff Koons's giant Lobster moves into the palace
Some 17 oeuvres have been hand-picked by the 53-year old"king of kitsch" to hang in the 17th century chateau and home to the French monarchy until the Revolution.
Among those on display in the Grand Apartment, the Hall of Mirrors and other historic rooms is the nine-foot stainless steel red Hanging Heart, which fetched $23.6 million (£12 million) last year, making Mr Koons the most expensive living artist.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC