Turkish Iron Age style back in fashion
The Iron Age accessories, carved from ivory and bone, have been copied with designs made out of wood. The lice comb, which is very popular among older women, is a popular but rare item that can be found in the historical Uzun Bazaar in Hatay. Accessories made of blue, yellow and white beads believed to provide protection from the evil eye are also popular in the city's shops and jewelry stores.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar