Slave trade monuments protected (UK)
John Newton's tomb at Olney, near Milton Keynes, is one of four to be newly awarded Grade II listing.
Another 21 are having their listing changed or upgraded to mark the International day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
The government said they should be preserved for future generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences