Slave trade monuments protected (UK)
John Newton's tomb at Olney, near Milton Keynes, is one of four to be newly awarded Grade II listing.
Another 21 are having their listing changed or upgraded to mark the International day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
The government said they should be preserved for future generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic