Slave trade monuments protected (UK)Breaking News
John Newton's tomb at Olney, near Milton Keynes, is one of four to be newly awarded Grade II listing.
Another 21 are having their listing changed or upgraded to mark the International day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
The government said they should be preserved for future generations.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election