Terra cotta warriors and horses come to Beijing for OlympicsRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
Set in the Capital Museum, the exhibition,"the memory of China: treasures along its 5,000-year civilization", is open to the public on Tuesday. It will run to October 7.
"It's the best greeting from the ancient country to the modern Olympics," said Yao An, vice president of the Museum. The exhibition was a long-time plan by the Chinese heritage system to welcome the Olympics, said Yao.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Antony Beevor: ‘Violence and fear become a drug in wars’
- Historian David Potter corrects the Dutch prime minister
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK