Terra cotta warriors and horses come to Beijing for OlympicsRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
Set in the Capital Museum, the exhibition,"the memory of China: treasures along its 5,000-year civilization", is open to the public on Tuesday. It will run to October 7.
"It's the best greeting from the ancient country to the modern Olympics," said Yao An, vice president of the Museum. The exhibition was a long-time plan by the Chinese heritage system to welcome the Olympics, said Yao.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich