FA Cup final ticket from 1895 discovered in dusty scrapbook to sell for
The ticket cost 12.5p and gained the holder entrance into the match at Crystal Palace, which Aston Villa beat West Midlands rival West Bromwich Albion 1-0.
The game, the first final to be played at Crystal Palace, remains famous for the fastest goal ever scored in an FA Cup final - 30 seconds - and also for the fact that the Cup was stolen shortly afterwards and never recovered.
David Barber, the FA's official historian, said it was an extremely important piece of memorabilia sand one of the oldest tickets to surface. He said:"1895 was certainly a significant year in the history the FA Cup. It was the year in which the final was played at Crystal Palace for the first time, but the attendance was only 42,000.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar