France softens Sarkozy's plan for Holocaust education
Education Minister Xavier Darcos said Monday the plan could be adjusted so that an entire class could collectively honor an individual victim.
"Is it necessary to do one by one, for each pupil? Perhaps we could find other solutions," such as choosing one victim per class, he said on RTL radio.
He said he would meet Wednesday morning with teachers and Holocaust historians to work out how best to implement the plan.
The minister confirmed that something would be in place for the next school year that would "respond to the president's intuition."
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic