Chilean street to be named after PinochetBreaking News
The local council of Las Condes in the Chilean capital Santiago approved a proposal from the district's right-wing mayor Francisco de la Maza by a 6-2 vote, a council source told Reuters on Tuesday.
The council will now decide where to honor the dictator, who died on December 10 aged 91.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history