Chilean street to be named after Pinochet
The local council of Las Condes in the Chilean capital Santiago approved a proposal from the district's right-wing mayor Francisco de la Maza by a 6-2 vote, a council source told Reuters on Tuesday.
The council will now decide where to honor the dictator, who died on December 10 aged 91.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean