Velvet Underground Record for Sale Again
That bid last week bit the dust when a young man in California e-mailed the seller confessing he doesn't even have enough money to buy gas, never mind the rare recording.
The first auction ended Dec. 8, with eBay showing a final bid of $155,401 for the music that ended up on the influential New York band's first album,"The Velvet Underground & Nico." Warren Hill, a collector in Montreal who owns the acetate LP, says he bought it at a Manhattan flea market for 75 cents in 2002.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome