German Communist era film wins top Europe award
The film beat Spanish director Pedro Almodovar's"Volver", which won five awards, including best director and best actress for Penelope Cruz."It means a lot to me to get this award here, since my father was born in this country," said Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck, the director of the winning film called"Das Leben Der Anderen" in German.
It was the first time the awards were held in ex-Communist Eastern Europe.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita