German Communist era film wins top Europe award
The film beat Spanish director Pedro Almodovar's"Volver", which won five awards, including best director and best actress for Penelope Cruz."It means a lot to me to get this award here, since my father was born in this country," said Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck, the director of the winning film called"Das Leben Der Anderen" in German.
It was the first time the awards were held in ex-Communist Eastern Europe.
comments powered by Disqus
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law