German Communist era film wins top Europe award
The film beat Spanish director Pedro Almodovar's"Volver", which won five awards, including best director and best actress for Penelope Cruz."It means a lot to me to get this award here, since my father was born in this country," said Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck, the director of the winning film called"Das Leben Der Anderen" in German.
It was the first time the awards were held in ex-Communist Eastern Europe.
comments powered by Disqus
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland