Twelve Disciples of Nelson Mandela (PBS)Roundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
They were, in fact, on a global mission: to tell the world about the horrors of South African apartheid, spreading the message of the African National Congress, advocating sanctions and boycotts. It was 1960, just two years before the A.N.C.’s charismatic activist Nelson Mandela was arrested. He remained in prison until 1990.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich