Twelve Disciples of Nelson Mandela (PBS)
They were, in fact, on a global mission: to tell the world about the horrors of South African apartheid, spreading the message of the African National Congress, advocating sanctions and boycotts. It was 1960, just two years before the A.N.C.’s charismatic activist Nelson Mandela was arrested. He remained in prison until 1990.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College