Twelve Disciples of Nelson Mandela (PBS)Roundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
They were, in fact, on a global mission: to tell the world about the horrors of South African apartheid, spreading the message of the African National Congress, advocating sanctions and boycotts. It was 1960, just two years before the A.N.C.’s charismatic activist Nelson Mandela was arrested. He remained in prison until 1990.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"