Twelve Disciples of Nelson Mandela (PBS)Roundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
They were, in fact, on a global mission: to tell the world about the horrors of South African apartheid, spreading the message of the African National Congress, advocating sanctions and boycotts. It was 1960, just two years before the A.N.C.’s charismatic activist Nelson Mandela was arrested. He remained in prison until 1990.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian