Joshua Brown: Bush Goes Jogging (Illustration)Roundup: Historians' Take
Joshua Brown, co-director of the New Media Lab, is also Executive Director of the Center for Media and Learning/American Social History Project (ASHP) at the CUNY Graduate Center. Before assuming those duties in 1998, Brown served as CML/ASHP's Creative Director, supervising the conception and production of the organization's varied and award winning"old" and new media projects since 1981, Among his past and current ASHP/CML credits are: co-director of the ten-part"Who Built America?" documentaries series; co-author and visual editor of the Who Built America? textbook and CD-ROMS; creative director of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, a digital history of the French Revolution; co-executive producer of History Matters, a U.S. history Web site; and co-executive producer and co-writer of The Lost Museum, a Web-based 3-D exploration/archive of P. T. Barnum's American Museum.
A Ph.D. in American history from Columbia University, Brown is the author of Beyond the Lines: Pictorial Reporting, Everyday Life, and the Crisis of Gilded Age America (University of California Press, 2002), co-editor of History from South Africa: Alternative Visions and Practices (Temple University Press, 1993), and author of numerous articles and essays on visual culture and U.S. history. In addition, his cartoons and illustrations appear in popular and scholarly publications as well as digital media. Brown received Columbia University's 1994 Bancroft Dissertation Prize as well as grants from the American Council of Learned Societies and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81