Ground Zero Staircase Is Put on List of Most Endangered Sites
That is because it stands in the way of an office tower designed by Norman Foster of London and planned by Larry A. Silverstein, president of Silverstein Properties.
"Silverstein Properties has not made a commitment to preserve the staircase and we're urging them to do so," said Richard Moe, the president of the trust, a nonprofit group that has no regulatory power but does have influence in rallying attention to historically significant places.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout