Group seeks $1 million to preserve W.Va. Civil War battlefieldBreaking News
The Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association asked the Jefferson County Commission for the money, saying the battlefield is among the nation's 10 most at-risk Civil War battle sites.
About 300 acres, or half of the site, remains in relatively pristine condition and can be preserved. The remainder "has been lost to real estate development," said association president Edward Dunleavy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide