Group seeks $1 million to preserve W.Va. Civil War battlefieldBreaking News
The Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Association asked the Jefferson County Commission for the money, saying the battlefield is among the nation's 10 most at-risk Civil War battle sites.
About 300 acres, or half of the site, remains in relatively pristine condition and can be preserved. The remainder "has been lost to real estate development," said association president Edward Dunleavy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103