Churchill sculpture sparks uproar
The statue has been criticised as "absurd and pathetic" by his grandson, Tory MP Nicholas Soames.
Charity Rethink commissioned the 9ft high sculpture, unveiled in Norwich, to highlight the stigma of mental health.
Rethink said the image of Churchill - who suffered bouts of depression - was designed to "portray a more positive image of people with mental illness".
comments powered by Disqus
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight