'New World' Heads to Colonial Williamsburg
The film dramatizes encounters between white colonists and AmericanIndians, focusing on the relationship between Smith, portrayed by ColinFarrell, and the Indian princess Pocahontas, who intervened to save himwhen he was captured by her tribe.Q'orianka Kilcher plays Pocahontas. Christopher Plummer, Christian Baleand August Schellenberg also star.Director Terrence Malick filmed scenes at Jamestown, the firstpermanent English settlement in North America, and nearby locations.Officials hope "The New World" will boost tourism in Jamestown as "TheLord of the Rings" did in New Zealand. Both films are from New Line Cinema.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign