'New World' Heads to Colonial Williamsburg
The film dramatizes encounters between white colonists and AmericanIndians, focusing on the relationship between Smith, portrayed by ColinFarrell, and the Indian princess Pocahontas, who intervened to save himwhen he was captured by her tribe.Q'orianka Kilcher plays Pocahontas. Christopher Plummer, Christian Baleand August Schellenberg also star.Director Terrence Malick filmed scenes at Jamestown, the firstpermanent English settlement in North America, and nearby locations.Officials hope "The New World" will boost tourism in Jamestown as "TheLord of the Rings" did in New Zealand. Both films are from New Line Cinema.
comments powered by Disqus
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- Here’s Why The 2016 Republican Presidential Primary Could Make History
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?