Digital bid to calm gospels row
The book has been at Lichfield Cathedral for 1,000 years but some claim its rightful home is Llandeilo.
The original manuscript is too fragile to be displayed but a digital version will go on permanent show in Llandeilo.
The text of the 8th Century gospels was written in Latin but along the margins were notes written in Welsh, including references to the nearby village of Brechfa.
comments powered by Disqus
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture