"It's a race!" Will the UK or EU collapse first? What Norman Davies thinks.Historians in the News
tags: UK, EU, Brexit, Norman Davies
Norman Davies, a renowned historian, said that both the European Union and the United Kingdom will also eventually break up.
He said: “I’m pretty certain that Poland will last longer than the United Kingdom.
“Whether the European Union will, I’m not so sure.
“In a way, it has been a race to see who get into the deeper trouble first. It doesn’t look good for the United Kingdom.”
Host Adam Boulton asked whether the historian could see the United Kingdom eventually breaking up.
Mr Davies replied: “Everything will break up sooner or later.
“We were pretty close to it in the Scottish referendum, the tide has gone out a bit." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire