"It's a race!" Will the UK or EU collapse first? What Norman Davies thinks.Historians in the News
tags: UK, EU, Brexit, Norman Davies
Norman Davies, a renowned historian, said that both the European Union and the United Kingdom will also eventually break up.
He said: “I’m pretty certain that Poland will last longer than the United Kingdom.
“Whether the European Union will, I’m not so sure.
“In a way, it has been a race to see who get into the deeper trouble first. It doesn’t look good for the United Kingdom.”
Host Adam Boulton asked whether the historian could see the United Kingdom eventually breaking up.
Mr Davies replied: “Everything will break up sooner or later.
“We were pretty close to it in the Scottish referendum, the tide has gone out a bit." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Bayeux Tapestry to be displayed in Britain
- From prudish Victorians to arrows in the eye – 10 things from history everyone gets wrong
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield
- Stephen F. Cohen continues to berate Democrats for “demonizing Russia”
- Historian Taner Akçam’s new book includes "smoking gun" of Armenian Genocide
- Historian Antony Beevor “Astonished" At Ukraine Ban On His Best-Selling Book, “Stalingrad”
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ