A nation of dissent: The most famous inaugural protests in U.S. historyBreaking News
tags: inauguration, election 2016, Trump, Inaugural Protest
Thousands of people are expected to descend on the nation’s capital this week to protest President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration.
The National Park Service has granted demonstration permits to at least 28 groups and is expecting more than 350,000 protesters. Of those, about 200,000 are participating in the Women’s March on Washington, according to Politico. In another form of protest, a growing number of lawmakers are simply refusing to attend at all.
“These are unprecedented numbers,” Mike Litterst, a spokesman for the National Park Service, told Politico.
comments powered by Disqus
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity