Tens of thousands rally in Los Angeles to commemorate Armenian genocideBreaking News
tags: Armenian genocide
Tens of thousands of protesters rallied outside the Turkish Consulate on Wilshire Boulevard on Sunday afternoon, waving flags and holding signs to commemorate the 101st anniversary of the Armenian genocide.
Dressed in purple and black shirts scrawled with messages calling for justice, the activists demanded reparations. Los Angeles police estimated the crowd at 60,000.
“Get your hands off our land!” they chanted.
comments powered by Disqus
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"