Hitler's 3-mile-long abandoned Nazi resort is transforming into a luxury getawayBreaking News
tags: Hitler, Nazi
In 1939, Adolf Hitler ordered the construction of a massive 3-mile-long row of buildings, destined to be an enormous beach resort for Nazi Germany. It was abandoned three years later, when World War II broke out. It would sit empty for the next 75 years. Today, German real estate company Metropole Marketing plans to convert several blocks into luxury homes and hotels.
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments