Microsoft’s A.I. Twitter Robot Praises Hitler, Endorses Trump, Denies HolocaustBreaking News
tags: Twitter, Microsoft, Tay
Less than 24 hours ago, Microsoft deployed a “highly opinionated” artificial intelligence robot on Twitter.
The first thing it learned? To hate.
In no short order, the bot — named Tay — praised Hitler, denied the Holocaust, hurled racist slurs at President Obama, and then it endorsed Donald Trump.
And no, this is not a story from the satirical news site, The Onion. This, folks, really happened.
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war
- Historians defend scholar who studies Poland and Holocaust