Microsoft’s A.I. Twitter Robot Praises Hitler, Endorses Trump, Denies HolocaustBreaking News
tags: Twitter, Microsoft, Tay
Less than 24 hours ago, Microsoft deployed a “highly opinionated” artificial intelligence robot on Twitter.
The first thing it learned? To hate.
In no short order, the bot — named Tay — praised Hitler, denied the Holocaust, hurled racist slurs at President Obama, and then it endorsed Donald Trump.
And no, this is not a story from the satirical news site, The Onion. This, folks, really happened.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Will Obama Be Graded By History?
- The controversy behind the painting that will hang at Trump’s inaugural luncheon
- A nation of dissent: The most famous inaugural protests in U.S. history
- German Rightwing Populist's Holocaust Remarks Denounced
- Arizona scuttles bill that took aim at whiteness studies
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia
- Bacevich and Mearsheimer on Obama’s Legacy
- Where Historians Work: An Interactive Database of History PhD Career Outcomes