Microsoft’s A.I. Twitter Robot Praises Hitler, Endorses Trump, Denies HolocaustBreaking News
tags: Twitter, Microsoft, Tay
Less than 24 hours ago, Microsoft deployed a “highly opinionated” artificial intelligence robot on Twitter.
The first thing it learned? To hate.
In no short order, the bot — named Tay — praised Hitler, denied the Holocaust, hurled racist slurs at President Obama, and then it endorsed Donald Trump.
And no, this is not a story from the satirical news site, The Onion. This, folks, really happened.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Gilded Age's Top 1 Percent Thrived on Corruption
- The return of Ken Starr: He pushed impeachment for Clinton but now defends Trump
- The first transport of Jews to Auschwitz was 997 teenage girls. Few survived.
- As India’s Constitution Turns 70, Opposing Sides Fight to Claim Its Author as One of Their Own
- "You shall never be a bystander." How We Learn About the Holocaust When the Last Survivors Are Gone
- What Happens When You Give Students Control of the Syllabus?
- A Civil War-era ‘witch bottle’ may have been found on a Virginia highway, archaeologists say
- The Future of the Academy at the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians