Microsoft’s A.I. Twitter Robot Praises Hitler, Endorses Trump, Denies HolocaustBreaking News
tags: Twitter, Microsoft, Tay
Less than 24 hours ago, Microsoft deployed a “highly opinionated” artificial intelligence robot on Twitter.
The first thing it learned? To hate.
In no short order, the bot — named Tay — praised Hitler, denied the Holocaust, hurled racist slurs at President Obama, and then it endorsed Donald Trump.
And no, this is not a story from the satirical news site, The Onion. This, folks, really happened.
comments powered by Disqus
- Somme 'myth': British troops were NOT inexperienced and should have won, says historian
- Alison Winter, University of Chicago historian, dies at 50
- Ellen Schrecker says professors should be worried about a New McCarthyism
- Malcolm Gladwell, historian
- Jim Green, activist and historian, has died at age 71