Putin to Obama: Learn The Lessons Of Soviet History, "Social Experiments For Export" Do Not WorkBreaking News
tags: Putin, Obama
At the UN General Assembly, Russian President Vladimir Putin says that President Obama needs to learn the lessons of history before intervening internationally, because "certain episodes from the history of the Soviet Union, social experiments for export, attempts to push for changes with other countries based on ideological preferences... often lead to tragic consequences."
"It seems that far from learning from the mistakes of others, everyone keeps repeating them," Putin said. "And so the export of revolutions, this time of so-called democratic ones, continues. It was enough to look at the situation in the Middle and North Africa."
"But how did it actually turn out? Rather than bringing about reforms and addressing foreign interference, it resulted in a brazen destruction of national institutions and lifestyles. Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social division. And nobody cares about about human rights, including the rights to life."
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester