Putin to Obama: Learn The Lessons Of Soviet History, "Social Experiments For Export" Do Not WorkBreaking News
tags: Putin, Obama
At the UN General Assembly, Russian President Vladimir Putin says that President Obama needs to learn the lessons of history before intervening internationally, because "certain episodes from the history of the Soviet Union, social experiments for export, attempts to push for changes with other countries based on ideological preferences... often lead to tragic consequences."
"It seems that far from learning from the mistakes of others, everyone keeps repeating them," Putin said. "And so the export of revolutions, this time of so-called democratic ones, continues. It was enough to look at the situation in the Middle and North Africa."
"But how did it actually turn out? Rather than bringing about reforms and addressing foreign interference, it resulted in a brazen destruction of national institutions and lifestyles. Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social division. And nobody cares about about human rights, including the rights to life."
comments powered by Disqus
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89