Thomas Fleming is the author of more than forty books of fiction and nonfiction including the The Illusion of Victory: Americans in World War I, The New Dealers War: FDR and the War Within World War II, Liberty!, and biographies of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson. He is a frequent guest and contributor to NPR, PBS, A&E, The History Channel, and "The Today Show."
Mr. Fleming is a member of the board of directors of HNN.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History