Florida professor to burn Confederate flagBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag
● Video of the event staged by Julian Chambliss
A college professor plans to burn a Confederate flag on Memorial Day as a way to let go of a part of history, according to a report from WKMG.
"That part of our history needs to be buried," said Julian Chambliss, chair of the Department of History and coordinator of the Africa & African-American Studies program at Rollins College.
The action will take place in the the Greenwood Urban Wetlands, along with other locations in the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war
- Historians defend scholar who studies Poland and Holocaust