Florida professor to burn Confederate flagBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag
● Video of the event staged by Julian Chambliss
A college professor plans to burn a Confederate flag on Memorial Day as a way to let go of a part of history, according to a report from WKMG.
"That part of our history needs to be buried," said Julian Chambliss, chair of the Department of History and coordinator of the Africa & African-American Studies program at Rollins College.
The action will take place in the the Greenwood Urban Wetlands, along with other locations in the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz