Florida professor to burn Confederate flagBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag
● Video of the event staged by Julian Chambliss
A college professor plans to burn a Confederate flag on Memorial Day as a way to let go of a part of history, according to a report from WKMG.
"That part of our history needs to be buried," said Julian Chambliss, chair of the Department of History and coordinator of the Africa & African-American Studies program at Rollins College.
The action will take place in the the Greenwood Urban Wetlands, along with other locations in the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem