Florida professor to burn Confederate flagBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag
● Video of the event staged by Julian Chambliss
A college professor plans to burn a Confederate flag on Memorial Day as a way to let go of a part of history, according to a report from WKMG.
"That part of our history needs to be buried," said Julian Chambliss, chair of the Department of History and coordinator of the Africa & African-American Studies program at Rollins College.
The action will take place in the the Greenwood Urban Wetlands, along with other locations in the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea