Emanuel Aims to Boost Bid for Obama LibraryBreaking News
tags: Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, Obama library
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel “is doing a big favor for the University of Chicago, commandeering parkland to bolster its bid for the Barack Obama Presidential Library,” Crain’s Chicago Business reports.
“His magnanimous gesture boosts U of C’s chances of beating out Columbia Universityin New York to become the library’s home. A win would add new luster to the university’s already considerable prestige.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel