Chicago Obama library bids in trouble; foundation has 'major concerns' with U. of C. proposalBreaking News
tags: Obama library
The Barack Obama Foundation has major problems with the University of Chicago bid for the Obama presidential library and museum and is uneasy about the bid from the University of Illinois at Chicago, leaving Columbia University in New York the front-runner for the project.
A source close to the foundation told me that the University of Chicago bid is in jeopardy because it does not own — and has no definite path to acquiring at present — any of the South Side sites the school proposed in its Dec. 11 bid. The land is owned by the Chicago Park District.
“There are major concerns with the three potential sites in the University of Chicago proposal given the fact that neither the school nor the City of Chicago control the sites,” the source said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josephine Baker First American, Black Woman, and Performer Inducted to French Pantheon
- An Unknown Supreme Court Clerk Created the "Viability" Standard in Roe v. Wade
- A New Force in American Labor: Academics
- Rutgers Gets Mixed Results in Examining Connections to Slavery
- Virginia's Universities are Part of a Long Racial Reckoning