Amsterdam revolts against United States architect Daniel Libeskind Holocaust memorialBreaking News
tags: architecture, Libeskind
Amsterdam residents fearing the loss of a popular park have rejected a multi-million-euro Holocaust memorial by famed US architect Daniel Libeskind, forcing officials to rethink the plan.
A district council in the city voted on Tuesday to send the project back to the drawing board after residents complained that the city had backed the project without having properly consulted them.
"We're not opposed to the idea of building a monument, it's a good idea in itself, but it makes no sense building it here. The park's just too small," local resident Marja Ham told AFP.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?