Amsterdam revolts against United States architect Daniel Libeskind Holocaust memorialBreaking News
tags: architecture, Libeskind
Amsterdam residents fearing the loss of a popular park have rejected a multi-million-euro Holocaust memorial by famed US architect Daniel Libeskind, forcing officials to rethink the plan.
A district council in the city voted on Tuesday to send the project back to the drawing board after residents complained that the city had backed the project without having properly consulted them.
"We're not opposed to the idea of building a monument, it's a good idea in itself, but it makes no sense building it here. The park's just too small," local resident Marja Ham told AFP.
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past