Private Jackie Kennedy letters withdrawn from auctionBreaking News
tags: JFK, Jackie Kennedy
Recently discovered letters written by the late Jacqueline Kennedy, the widow of former US President John F Kennedy, to an Irish priest are being withdrawn from auction.
The correspondence was due to be auctioned next month in County Laois for up to $5m.
The extremely private Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wrote to Father Joseph Leonard, a Vincentian priest at All Hallows College in north Dublin from 1950 until his death in 1964....
But the would-be auction proved controversial.
Many felt its contents were private and should have been returned to the Kennedy family; that the privacy of a very private woman should be respected; and that no money should be made out of the sale of such correspondence.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests