Western Michigan University history professors ask Board of Trustees to investigate provostHistorians in the News
tags: Western Michigan University
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Tensions between Western Michigan University's provost and faculty members still appear to be running high, two weeks after long-promised salary adjustments went out to 111 members of the faculty.
A month after the professors' union, in a rare move, voted to censure Provost Tim Greene, one department has asked the Board of Trustees and President John Dunn to investigate the provost's recent actions.
Specifically, the Department of History asked the trustees and Dunn to look into Greene's handling of the issue of gender equity on campus, an academic review program that it claims violated the contract with the university's professors union and what the department terms "disproportionate and damaging" cuts to the College of Arts and Sciences....
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel