Western Michigan University history professors ask Board of Trustees to investigate provostHistorians in the News
tags: Western Michigan University
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Tensions between Western Michigan University's provost and faculty members still appear to be running high, two weeks after long-promised salary adjustments went out to 111 members of the faculty.
A month after the professors' union, in a rare move, voted to censure Provost Tim Greene, one department has asked the Board of Trustees and President John Dunn to investigate the provost's recent actions.
Specifically, the Department of History asked the trustees and Dunn to look into Greene's handling of the issue of gender equity on campus, an academic review program that it claims violated the contract with the university's professors union and what the department terms "disproportionate and damaging" cuts to the College of Arts and Sciences....
comments powered by Disqus
- Lesley Lloyd: Honor to Have Won First Womens' FA Cup 50 Years Ago
- New Orleans Urged to Rename Lee Boulevard after Music Legend Allen Toussaint
- Ken Burns "In Tears" at Posthumous Hall of Fame Induction of Negro League Star Buck O'Neil
- Josh Hawley, Theodore Roosevelt, and the Republican Obsession with Manliness
- Justice Department Closes Emmett Till Investigation Without Charges
- Amy Shira Teitel: Why is Space Such a Boys' Club?
- Adam Tooze: How Sanctions Work (and Why they Often Don't)
- Can We Teach Grad Students in the Humanities to Collaborate?
- New Book Questions Value of Established Treatment Methods in Age of Fentanyl
- Blair Mountain, West Virginia Still Shows the Grip of the Coal Industry