Western Michigan University history professors ask Board of Trustees to investigate provostHistorians in the News
tags: Western Michigan University
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Tensions between Western Michigan University's provost and faculty members still appear to be running high, two weeks after long-promised salary adjustments went out to 111 members of the faculty.
A month after the professors' union, in a rare move, voted to censure Provost Tim Greene, one department has asked the Board of Trustees and President John Dunn to investigate the provost's recent actions.
Specifically, the Department of History asked the trustees and Dunn to look into Greene's handling of the issue of gender equity on campus, an academic review program that it claims violated the contract with the university's professors union and what the department terms "disproportionate and damaging" cuts to the College of Arts and Sciences....
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi