HNN Hot Topics: Gettysburg AddressHot Topics
150 Years After the Gettysburg Address, Is Government by the People in Trouble?
Has America fallen short of being the "world's best hope"?
NOVEMBER 17, 2013
The Harrisburg Patriot-News apologizes for calling the Gettysburg Address "silly" in 1863.
NOVEMBER 16, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Never Believed in Racial Equality
"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races."
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
It is difficult for those of us who write to say we need more words to tell a story when Lincoln did so much with just 272
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
comments powered by Disqus
- 1619 Project: New York Times Magazine Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to American Slavery and Its Legacies
- National Security Archive Releases New Briefing Book on Chernobyl through the Eyes of the Soviet Politburo, KGB, and U.S. Intelligence
- Before Trump eyed Greenland: Here’s what happened last time the US bought a large chunk of the Arctic
- Illinois Governor Signs Bill Mandating Public Schools Teach LGBTQ History
- Controversial Monument to Women’s Suffrage Redesigned to Include Sojourner Truth
- Historian Elizabeth Hinton Profiled in Harvard Magazine: Color and Incarceration
- 'Clearly, he did not take part in our curriculum': Historians bash Ken Cuccinelli's revised Statue of Liberty Poem
- The Increasing Popularity of Hotel Historians
- If You Call It History, You’ve Got to Do History’: Historians Chafe at a Video That Omitted Their University’s Whites-Only Origins
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum gets grants to help publish Abraham Lincoln papers