HNN Hot Topics: Gettysburg Address
150 Years After the Gettysburg Address, Is Government by the People in Trouble?
Has America fallen short of being the "world's best hope"?
NOVEMBER 17, 2013
The Harrisburg Patriot-News apologizes for calling the Gettysburg Address "silly" in 1863.
NOVEMBER 16, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Never Believed in Racial Equality
"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races."
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
It is difficult for those of us who write to say we need more words to tell a story when Lincoln did so much with just 272
NOVEMBER 5, 2013
comments powered by Disqus
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- It happened in Idaho and was the largest massacre of Indians in US history, but where exactly did it take place?
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis
- A history professor explains why Americans are so prone to conspiracy theories
- Now Greg Grandin has come out with a study of Henry Kissinger
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'