Miramax & Martin Scorsese developing ‘Gangs Of New York’ TV seriestags: Gangs of New York, TV series, Martin Scorcese, street crime
Miramax and Martin Scorsese have teamed to develop a television series based on Scorsese’s 2002 film Gangs Of New York, which was released by Miramax. The film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis and Cameron Diaz focused on early confrontations between rival gangs in New York in the mid to late 1800s. The series, co-produced by Miramax and GK Films, will draw from the events surrounding organized gangs at the turn of the century and shortly thereafter in America, not only in New York but in other cities such as Chicago and New Orleans and the birth of organized crime in America....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting