Miramax & Martin Scorsese developing ‘Gangs Of New York’ TV seriesRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
tags: Gangs of New York, TV series, Martin Scorcese, street crime
Miramax and Martin Scorsese have teamed to develop a television series based on Scorsese’s 2002 film Gangs Of New York, which was released by Miramax. The film starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis and Cameron Diaz focused on early confrontations between rival gangs in New York in the mid to late 1800s. The series, co-produced by Miramax and GK Films, will draw from the events surrounding organized gangs at the turn of the century and shortly thereafter in America, not only in New York but in other cities such as Chicago and New Orleans and the birth of organized crime in America....
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions