Historians probe Vienna Philharmonic's Nazi pastHistorians in the News
tags: Nazis, Vienna, Vienna Philharmonic, Arutz Sheva
The Vienna Philharmonic said Tuesday that it has assigned three historians the task of investigating the prestigious orchestra's Nazi past following revelations about its honoring of war criminals.
Fritz Truempi, Oliver Rathkolb and Bernadette Mayrhofer will look into the "politicization" of the Austrian orchestra from 1938-1945, the fate of Jewish musicians and "deNazification" afterwards, a statement said, as quoted by AFP....
comments powered by Disqus
- Remembering Bob Moses, 1935–2021
- Like JFK, Biden Has Good Reason to Be Wary of the Military
- Can Affirmative Action Survive the Supreme Court?
- Pancho Villa, My Grandmother, and the Revolutionary History of the Border
- Should Rep. Lauren Boebert Visit Auschwitz after her Comparison of COVID Mandates to the Holocaust?
- Haiti, Cuba, and the History of U.S. Involvement in the Caribbean (Virtual Event July 29)
- The Past and Present of the U.S. Postal Service
- Yu Ruxin is Rescuing China’s Muzzled Past, One Footnote at a Time
- A History of Gymnastics from Ancient Greece to Tokyo 2020
- What Erotica Reveals about Society: A Conversation with Pernilla Myrne