After ‘Spartacus’ Ends, There’s a Chance Caesar May Take His PlaceRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
tags: Wall Street Journal, Spartacus, Caesar, Starz, TV shows
The posters for “Spartacus: War of the Damned” promise that the newest batch of episodes will take viewers to the bitter end. But at last night’s premiere for the final season of the series, “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight was already thinking about the future.
DeKnight told Speakeasy that some preliminary talks are already underway to possibly spinoff a series focusing on Gaius Julius Caesar, who in “Spartacus” is played by Australian actor Todd Lasance. “It’s in the early conversations of a possibility. Rob Tapert, my producing partner and I, we love this world we’ve created together, and we would love to spin it off in some direction with the same style and the same feel as the show. Caesar is definitely a strong possibility.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Plumbs Tax Records for Patterns of Racial Discrimination
- Alt-right commentator gets 'schooled' by historian over diversity in Roman Britain
- 2 Sinologists say Liu Xiaobo’s Death speaks to a dark vision for China
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents
- Meet the Guardian of Palestine's Past