After ‘Spartacus’ Ends, There’s a Chance Caesar May Take His PlaceRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
tags: Wall Street Journal, Spartacus, Caesar, Starz, TV shows
The posters for “Spartacus: War of the Damned” promise that the newest batch of episodes will take viewers to the bitter end. But at last night’s premiere for the final season of the series, “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight was already thinking about the future.
DeKnight told Speakeasy that some preliminary talks are already underway to possibly spinoff a series focusing on Gaius Julius Caesar, who in “Spartacus” is played by Australian actor Todd Lasance. “It’s in the early conversations of a possibility. Rob Tapert, my producing partner and I, we love this world we’ve created together, and we would love to spin it off in some direction with the same style and the same feel as the show. Caesar is definitely a strong possibility.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?