After ‘Spartacus’ Ends, There’s a Chance Caesar May Take His PlaceRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
tags: Wall Street Journal, Spartacus, Caesar, Starz, TV shows
The posters for “Spartacus: War of the Damned” promise that the newest batch of episodes will take viewers to the bitter end. But at last night’s premiere for the final season of the series, “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight was already thinking about the future.
DeKnight told Speakeasy that some preliminary talks are already underway to possibly spinoff a series focusing on Gaius Julius Caesar, who in “Spartacus” is played by Australian actor Todd Lasance. “It’s in the early conversations of a possibility. Rob Tapert, my producing partner and I, we love this world we’ve created together, and we would love to spin it off in some direction with the same style and the same feel as the show. Caesar is definitely a strong possibility.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Berlin's street names provoke debate over forgotten colonial history
- 'World's first newspaper published in Korea in 1557'
- Trump’s claim that ‘no administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days’
- Trump parroted Chinese version of history
- Museum of the American Revolution opens: 'It's high time we had a museum such as this'
- David McCullough: President Trump's Disregard for History Is 'Utter Nonsense'
- Professor uses role-playing, video game to teach history
- American Historical Review apology prompts soul-searching over racial gatekeeping in the academe
- Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semester
- Jonathan Zimmerman is joining the growing ranks of liberal historians alarmed by college speech codes