David Greenberg: Agit-Prof: Howard Zinn’s Influential Mutilations of American History (3-19-13) Jim Loewen: "The Other Civil War": Howard Zinn, Abraham Lincoln, Lerone Bennett, Stephen Spielberg, and Me (12-29-12) Sam Wineburg: Where Howard Zinn's "A People's History" Falls Short (12-17-12) Ron Radosh: Howard Zinn’s FBI Files: What It Reveals (8-5-10) Michael Kazin: Howard Zinn's Disappointing History of the United States (2-9-10) Rick Shenkman: The Left's Blind Spot (2-9-10) Howard Zinn's show has been "hyped" says Ron Radosh in a highly critical review (12-12-09) Larry DeWitt: Howard Zinn: The Historian as Don Quixote (1-25-09) Daniel J. Flynn: Howard Zinn's Biased History (1-9-03) Jesse Lemisch, Staughton Lynd, and Robert Cohen: Rebutting David Greenberg's Broadside on Howard Zinn (3-19-13) Robert Cohen: When Assessing Zinn, Listen to the Voices of Teachers and Students (1-7-13) Peter N. Kirstein: The People's Historian and the FBI Zinn Files (8-17-10) Eric Foner: Howard Zinn's Critical History (2-4-10) Guy Mount: Zinn Lives: Scholars Remember the Person Behind A People’s History (3-21-10) Joseph A. Palermo: Remembering Howard Zinn (2-9-10) Sheldon M. Stern: Howard Zinn Briefly Recalled (2-9-10) Ron Briley: Thank You, Howard Zinn (2-9-10) Michael Honey: Howard Zinn's Disputed Legacy (2-9-10) Staughton Lynd: The Howard Zinn I Remember (2-9-10) Ron Briley: Review of Martin Duberman’s Howard Zinn: A Life on the Left (1-10-13) New biography of Howard Zinn published (12-8-12) John Tirman: Review of Martin Duberman's "Howard Zinn: A Life on the Left" (12-8-12) Zinn makes final list of "least credible history book in print" (7-16-12) Inside Howard Zinn's FBI Files (7-30-10) 'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87 (1-27-10) Howard Zinn: On "The People Speak," the Supreme Court, and Haiti (1-26-10) Howard Zinn: Roasted in New Criterion (2-1-08) Howard Zinn: His publisher rides to his defense (6-24-07) Howard Zinn: BU's John Silber says he had grounds for firing Zinn (12-28-05) Tim Goodman: Howard Zinn: Rock Star (10-13-04) Howard Zinn, Q & A (February 2004)
comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: The Howard Zinn Debatetags: Hot Topics, Howard Zinn, historical criticism, A People's History
Howard Zinn speaking out against the Iraq War in 2004. Credit: Wiki Commons.
For the Prosecution:
For the Defense:
News and Misc.
comments powered by Disqus
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Heirs Claim Bank Made Off with Nazi-Looted Art
- Add the University of Virginia to the list of universities actively confronting their association with slavery
- Stanley Kutler’s book on Nixon Watergate abuses has been turned into a show on the web
- China bans books by pro-Hong Kong historian who retired from Princeton
- Fordham Historian Lambasts ‘Shabby Treatment’ In Row Over Israel Boycott, Vows to Continue Fighting Anti-Semitism
- George Mason's digital history program is 20 years old -- and celebrating
- Watergate researchers can now see the materials — including tapes — Len Colodny used in writing "Silent Coup"