Week of January 21, 2013HNN Rundowns
|Five Myths about Roe v. Wade|
Roe wasn't a feminist decision.
Tags: abortion, feminism, legal history, Supreme Court
|Missouri GOP Rep.: Japan Didn't Invade U.S. in World War II Because of Armed Populace|
Michelle Bachmann Award for Distinguished Lack of Historical Knowledge
Tags: Jonathan Dresner, gun control, guns, Japan, World War II
|Obama's Second Inaugural Loaded with History|
The speech showcased Obama's keen sense of history.
Tags: Barack Obama, inaugural address, inauguration, presidents
|Inauguration Shows President as Prime Minister and King|
Ira Chernus's MythicAmerica
Examining the ritual behind Obama's second inaugural.
Tags: inauguration, presidents, theater state, Barack Obama
|The History of Inauguration Day|
There have been 44 presidents and 66 inaugurations. Here's the highlights.
Tags: inauguration, Thomas Jefferson, presidents, George Washington
Understanding the Legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
|Should We Worry About the National Debt?|
It's a concern, but hardly the apocalyptic trigger that some claim.
Tags: debt, debt ceiling, deficits, housing collapse
|Mitch Daniels: Friend or Foe to Academic Freedom?|
The former Indiana governor played politics with historical research to placate Honda.
Tags: Mitch Daniels, Jim Loewen, Indiana, Honda, sundown towns
News at Home
Secularization of America: Is the Latest Pew Poll a Big Deal?
|Will Presidential Term Limits Ever Be Abolished?|
Michael J. Korzi
The case for and against ending term limits
Tags: Barack Obama, FDR, presidents, term limits
Historians & History
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools