Week of January 14, 2013HNN Rundowns
|The History of Inauguration Day|
There have been 44 presidents and 66 inaugurations. Here's the highlights.
Tags: inauguration, Thomas Jefferson, presidents, George Washington
HNN Teacher's Edition: For Grade School
HNN’s Teacher’s Edition is designed to help busy teachers build classes around topics in the news. With just a few minutes preparation, teachers will be able to teach a class on current events, even if they haven't been in a position to follow the news closely.
Q & A
Crazy Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories Gone Mainstream
“Ike” and the “Red Menace”: Some Myths Won’t Die
News at Home
Channelling George Washington: Junking the Constitution
We're All [Ancient] Greeks Now When It Comes to Debt
Using Cold War Tactics to Confront Iran
Historians & History
Joyce Appleby Backing Petition to Disarm the Filibuster
Antietam's Bloody Intersection of War and Politics
Baseball's Hall of Fame Hypocrisy
The Agony of the Soldier Returned from the Wars
Review of Martin Duberman’s Howard Zinn: A Life on the Left
Review of Kevin Phillips's 1775: A Good Year for Revolution
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history