Week of December 31, 2012
"The Other Civil War"
Howard Zinn, Abraham Lincoln, Lerone Bennett, Stephen Spielberg, and Me
Why are High-Capacity Magazines Still Legal?
There's no valid non-military reason to own one.
News at Home
What About All the Thousands of Other Kids Killed with Guns?
Why does it take a "massacre of the innocents" in order to effect change?
Gun Control and Arms Control
Using the UN to solve both.
New evidence that American soldiers were knowingly exposed to nerve gas.
Historians & History
Improvising Digital History in the Deep South Digital Desert
How to make digital history beyond the coasts.
The Grand Emancipation Jubilee
How did the public celebrate the proclamation 150 years ago, in 1863?
Where Are the Pseudohistory Wars?
Immanuel Velikovsky's pseudoscientific theories also had an historical component, so why isn't he labeled a pseudohistorian?
Picturing the History of Sexuality in America
What’s the first image that comes to mind when you think of the word “sex”?
It's ... pretty good.
It's ... also pretty good.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History