Week of December 31, 2012HNN Rundowns
"The Other Civil War"
Howard Zinn, Abraham Lincoln, Lerone Bennett, Stephen Spielberg, and Me
Why are High-Capacity Magazines Still Legal?
There's no valid non-military reason to own one.
News at Home
What About All the Thousands of Other Kids Killed with Guns?
Why does it take a "massacre of the innocents" in order to effect change?
Gun Control and Arms Control
Using the UN to solve both.
New evidence that American soldiers were knowingly exposed to nerve gas.
Historians & History
Improvising Digital History in the Deep South Digital Desert
How to make digital history beyond the coasts.
The Grand Emancipation Jubilee
How did the public celebrate the proclamation 150 years ago, in 1863?
Where Are the Pseudohistory Wars?
Immanuel Velikovsky's pseudoscientific theories also had an historical component, so why isn't he labeled a pseudohistorian?
Picturing the History of Sexuality in America
What’s the first image that comes to mind when you think of the word “sex”?
It's ... pretty good.
It's ... also pretty good.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Newly released interactive map shows images of destroyed monuments of Mosul
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't