Week of December 31, 2012
"The Other Civil War"
Howard Zinn, Abraham Lincoln, Lerone Bennett, Stephen Spielberg, and Me
Why are High-Capacity Magazines Still Legal?
There's no valid non-military reason to own one.
News at Home
What About All the Thousands of Other Kids Killed with Guns?
Why does it take a "massacre of the innocents" in order to effect change?
Gun Control and Arms Control
Using the UN to solve both.
New evidence that American soldiers were knowingly exposed to nerve gas.
Historians & History
Improvising Digital History in the Deep South Digital Desert
How to make digital history beyond the coasts.
The Grand Emancipation Jubilee
How did the public celebrate the proclamation 150 years ago, in 1863?
Where Are the Pseudohistory Wars?
Immanuel Velikovsky's pseudoscientific theories also had an historical component, so why isn't he labeled a pseudohistorian?
Picturing the History of Sexuality in America
What’s the first image that comes to mind when you think of the word “sex”?
It's ... pretty good.
It's ... also pretty good.
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?