Week of December 3, 2012HNN Rundowns
What is the Best History Book of 2012?
Up Front: "Lincoln"
Louis Masur: Not everything in the movie is 100% accurate, but most of it is, and the level of detail's incredible. [PODCAST]
Pictured at left: Abraham Lincoln. The real one. But Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty convincing.
HNN on Zeen: Special "Lincoln" issue
Cheer Up, Rush: Dems Keep "Traditional America" Alive
The Obama White House sends out a holiday postcard worthy of Romneyland.
How Was History Made in the 2012 Election?
The 113th Congress will have a record number of women serving.
News at Home
The Hollowing Out of America
How the financial industry sucked the lifeblood out of America's industrial heartland.
How Republicans See Democrats
The party of treason.
We need to find a way to end the permanent campaign.
Are Evangelicals Politically Homeless?
Independent evangelicals are caught between hostile Democrats and hard-edged Republicans.
Gaza's Not the Key, Philadelphi Is
Israel should reassert its control over the Philadelphi corridor between Gaza and Egypt.
“It’s Mostly Punishment…”
Testimonies by veterans of the Israeli Defense Forces From Gaza and the Occupied Territories.
Historians & History
Thomas Jefferson: Monster?
Let's get beyond the moral indignation about Jefferson and slavery and start examining how and why those power structures worked.
Remembering Alfred F. Young, 1925-2012
The modern practice of public historian owes him a huge debt.
School Closings and Public Policy
The anatomy of a catastrophe.
What Argo Gets Wrong About the 1953 Iran Coup
Yes, the CIA was involved, but the plot originated in London, not Washington.
2012: Mayan Apocalypse Watch
The end of the world is not actually coming, but here's why this weird belief is still out there.
America's Real Religion: Shopping
'Tis the season...
Sheds light on overlooked history, but gets JFK wrong.
Review of Melinda L. Pash’s In the Shadow of the Greatest Generation: The Americans Who Fought the Korean War
comments powered by Disqus
- From Germany to Mexico: How America’s source of immigrants has changed over a century
- Scholars doing oral history are finally off the hook! The federal government has granted them an exemption from IRBs
- Confederate Flag Supporters Indicted Under Georgia's Anti-Gang Law
- One of King Henry V's 'great ships' likely found in England
- Georgia's Stone Mountain to be topped by MLK tribute
- Tim Naftali: declassified documents reveal a cunning and cagey president
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow