Week of December 3, 2012HNN Rundowns
What is the Best History Book of 2012?
Up Front: "Lincoln"
Louis Masur: Not everything in the movie is 100% accurate, but most of it is, and the level of detail's incredible. [PODCAST]
Pictured at left: Abraham Lincoln. The real one. But Daniel Day-Lewis is pretty convincing.
HNN on Zeen: Special "Lincoln" issue
Cheer Up, Rush: Dems Keep "Traditional America" Alive
The Obama White House sends out a holiday postcard worthy of Romneyland.
How Was History Made in the 2012 Election?
The 113th Congress will have a record number of women serving.
News at Home
The Hollowing Out of America
How the financial industry sucked the lifeblood out of America's industrial heartland.
How Republicans See Democrats
The party of treason.
We need to find a way to end the permanent campaign.
Are Evangelicals Politically Homeless?
Independent evangelicals are caught between hostile Democrats and hard-edged Republicans.
Gaza's Not the Key, Philadelphi Is
Israel should reassert its control over the Philadelphi corridor between Gaza and Egypt.
“It’s Mostly Punishment…”
Testimonies by veterans of the Israeli Defense Forces From Gaza and the Occupied Territories.
Historians & History
Thomas Jefferson: Monster?
Let's get beyond the moral indignation about Jefferson and slavery and start examining how and why those power structures worked.
Remembering Alfred F. Young, 1925-2012
The modern practice of public historian owes him a huge debt.
School Closings and Public Policy
The anatomy of a catastrophe.
What Argo Gets Wrong About the 1953 Iran Coup
Yes, the CIA was involved, but the plot originated in London, not Washington.
2012: Mayan Apocalypse Watch
The end of the world is not actually coming, but here's why this weird belief is still out there.
America's Real Religion: Shopping
'Tis the season...
Sheds light on overlooked history, but gets JFK wrong.
Review of Melinda L. Pash’s In the Shadow of the Greatest Generation: The Americans Who Fought the Korean War
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war