Is 'Lincoln' the real deal?: Interview with James McPherson (11-28-12) Eric Foner: "['Lincoln'] offers a severely truncated view" (11-27-12) NPR Asks a Historian: Just How Accurate Is 'Lincoln'? (11-22-12) Spielberg, with new ‘Lincoln’ film in theaters, speaks at ‘Gettysburg Address’ commemoration (11-19-12) NBC singles out Doris Kearns Goodwin's role in the new Lincoln film (11-15-12) Lincoln biopics go back to the ‘talkies’ (11-14-12) Historical sound effects captured in Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln’ (11-13-12) Daniel Day-Lewis faces criticism for giving a voice to Abraham Lincoln (11-9-12) NYT calls "Lincoln" "among the finest films ever made about American politics" (11-9-12) Shooting Lincoln: How local talent and the Virginia film industry made Spielberg’s blockbuster possible (11-6-12) Abe Lincoln as You’ve Never Heard Him (10-31-12) Mr. Lincoln Goes to Hollywood (10-29-12)
Gregory L. Kaster: The Law of Slavery Lies at Heart of Both "Lincoln" and "Django" (1-7-13)
Jon Wiener: 'Django Unchained' ... Quentin Tarantino’s Answer to Spielberg’s 'Lincoln' (12-25-12)
Sean Wilentz: Lincoln in Hollywood from Griffith to Spielberg (12-21-12) Patrick Rael: "Lincoln's" Unfinished Work (12-17-12)
Alan Singer: Will the Real Abraham Lincoln Please Stand Up? (12-10-12) Kelsey McKernie: How Historically Accurate is "Lincoln"? (12-10-12)
Barbara Krauthamer: Slavery’s Grotesque and Relentless Violence (12-4-12)
Kate Masur: A Filmmaker’s Imagination, and a Historian’s (11-30-12)
Louis P. Masur: Lincoln at the Movies (11-26-12) Jon Wiener: The Trouble With Steven Spielberg’s 'Lincoln' (11-26-12) Ira Chernus's MythicAmerica: "Lincoln": Jesus Christ! God Almighty! What a (Biblical) Movie! (11-25-12) Harold Holzer: What’s True and False in “Lincoln” Movie (11-22-12) David O. Stewart: How True is "Lincoln"? (11-20-12) Jim Cullen: Daniel Day-Lewis's Abe Lincoln: (Racial) Trailblazer (11-19-12) Kate Masur: In Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln,’ Passive Black Characters (11-13-12)
Hendrik Hertzberg: “Lincoln” v. Lincoln (12-17-12)
Kelly Candaele: Film History: Columnists and Historians Assess Spielberg’s 'Lincoln' (12-14-12)
Ricky Kreitner: 'Lincoln,' Thaddeus Stevens and Why American Politics Still Needs Radicals (12-10-12)
Doyle McManus: The Lessons Obama Can Draw from 'Lincoln' (11-28-12)
Peggy Noonan: Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln’ (11-28-12)
Lynn Parramore: What Spielberg’s “Lincoln” Conveniently Leaves Out (11-25-12)
David Thomson: Spielberg's "Lincoln" is a Film for our Political Moment (11-13-12)
Peter Galuszka: 150 Years After the War, Richmond Embraces ‘Lincoln’ (11-13-12)
Jim Castagnera: Daniel Day-Lewis *is* Lincoln (11-9-12)
comments powered by Disqus
HNN Hot Topics: "Lincoln": The MovieHot Topics
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”