New installation in Union Square puts a face on veterans' experiencesRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
Daniel Day-Lewis, who stars in the new movie "Lincoln," isn't the only person lending a contemporary voice to our 16th president. The Polish artist Krzysztof Wodiczko, renowned for his projections on facades and monuments around the world, has created his first projection onto a statue, a 23-minute video containing edited interviews with 14 U.S. veterans from Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan that animate Lincoln's mute bronze figure, bringing it movingly to life.
Presented by More Art and the Polish Cultural Institute New York, in conjunction with the Union Square Partnership, the installation, entitled, "Abraham Lincoln: War Veteran Projection," has been timed to honor Veterans Day and is on view in Union Square Park from Thursday through Dec. 9, between 6 p.m. and 10 pm....
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity