Week of October 29, 2012HNN Rundowns
In the wake of Sandy, a look back at other historic hurricanes, floods, and other natural disasters in American history.
My plea to state and country officials: Let Election Day proceed as normally as possible
From “Who Lost China?” to “Who Lost Libya?”
Those familiar with U.S. foreign policy since the 1940s can hardly avoid drawing comparisons.
Why Obama Will Win This Election
Two words: Republican failures.
High Speed Amtrak: Part II
Amtrak's Quik-Trip from Chicago to St. Louis.
With Apologies to Browning...
The GOP's rape problem.
News at Home
The Framers would be aghast at our electoral politics today.
Presidential “Czars”: A Constitutional Aberration
Obama has appointed more executive branch czars than any other president.
Barack D. Eisenhower
Why Obama is like Ike.
Inside the efforts to drain the San Francisco reservoir.
Face/Off: The Last 2012 Presidential Debate
On foreign policy, the candidates are practically identical.
Don't count on the Pentagon ever changing its first principles.
Why the Only Solution is the Two-State Solution
A one-state solution means the end of a Jewish Israel.
Historians & History
The Importance of Doing Recent History
Navigating a bewildering world of new sources, new media, and information overload.
The Inevitability of the Cold War
Six months in 1945 determined the course of the next half-century.
The Forgotten Los Angeles Race Riot
Interview with Historian Scott Zesch on the Chinatown Massacre of 1871
'Tis the political season on-stage as well as off.
When History Repeats Itself on A Summer's Day
But does anybody really care?
|Carl Van Vechten stand as a beacon of light to those truly committed to grappling with queer and black issues.|
A solid, workmanlike, and inexpensive approach to U.S. history for students.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't