Polish philharmonic named for Jewish virtuosoRoundup: Pop Culture & the Arts ... Movies, Documentaries and Museum Exhibits
The Polish city of Czestochowa is renaming its orchestra to honor a native son: Bronislaw Huberman, a Polish-Jewish violin virtuoso who helped save hundreds of German Jews from the Holocaust and who founded the precursor to what is now the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra.
An inaugural concert by the Bronislaw Huberman Philharmonic on Wednesday evening comes amid a broader rediscovery of the importance that Poland's large Jewish community had on Polish culture before it was wiped out in the Holocaust...
comments powered by Disqus
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook
- Historians Against Trump: Tweets During the GOP Convention
- The next president of the American Historical Association will be ...