Peark K. Ford Dowe: A Struggle to Maintain Privilege
Pearl K. Ford Dowe is an assistant professor of political science at the University of Arkansas.
The survey by the Public Religion Research Institute is consistent with previous research showing that white working-class Southerners with limited education feel that they are held back economically and socially, just as African-American Southerners are.
But the potential for multiracial coalitions to address these issues is made less likely by the rightward drift of white Southerners and their aversion to potential African-American partners....
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize